by Oliver Church

Peter and the Pumpkin Eater is book that will be written online. The goal is to update it daily. The story is not written yet. Nothing is designed but a very loose premise. And yet, I intend to write every day. The end product will be a full length middle-reader.

Here's what I have of the premise so far:
Peter will move to a small town where he will face his worst fears.

The Pumpkin Eater comes.

Who is the Pumpkin Eater? I'm not really sure yet. Let's find out together.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

On Hold

I've come to the undeniable conclusion that this isn't going to work as is. I just can't find interest in writing when I don't have a story in place. I've concluded that I can't really make this up as I go along...not literally because I can't...but because if I don't have the excitement of the story planned out, I'm very unmotivated to tell that story. There's nothing to tell because there is no story, and I find myself turning to other projects that are more motivating.

So, that being said, I'm putting this project on hold for a bit until I put together an outline for the story and have the basic conflict and resolution in place. It shouldn't be too long and I'll get back to trying to post every day, so stay tuned.

No comments: